As you have the opportunity to partner with Rockfish, you’ll work with a passionate and driven team of individuals who work extremely hard for our clients and our agency. Rockfish is only as strong as our people, so we strive to hire and retain talented people who embody our three core values:
- Leverage emerging technology to create value for our clients, our company and our global community.
- Bring creative thinking to our current businesses.
- Innovate new businesses, categories and industries and move quickly to market.
- Engage in market-driven solutions and disruptive advancements.
- Be an entrepreneur, curious and nurturing of embryonic ideas.
- Embrace change as a competitive advantage.
- Adapt to our clients’ cultures, cultivating long-term partnerships.
- Learn from our surroundings and challenge the status quo.
- Be resourceful in our approach.
- Always exceed expectations and deliver exceptional results.
- Compete where we can be market leaders distinctive in our niche.
- Hire self-motivated enthusiasts who love what they do and consistently strive to improve.
- Be objective, truthful and forthright in our actions.
At Rockfish, our purpose is to build a better world through the power of digital innovation. Through this, we strive to make innovation who we are, not a product of what we do. This idea is the lifeline of Rockfish, and it continues to be the driving force behind our perpetually evolving business model. Innovation often comes when we discover a problem, whether from a client or the consumer, and take the initiative to solve it.
The Rockfish Environment
As a rapidly growing company, Rockfish is constantly re-evaluating how we can stand out as an employer of choice. We provide benefits and perks that make our employees’ lives easier.
Simply put, Rockfish treats employees like the grown-ups they are. This not only applies to our dress-for-your-day view on work attire, but also to the paid-time-off policy, or non-policy. Regarding sick days, we stick by the belief that you should take them when you need them. Whether you have a 24-hour bug or a sinus infection that keeps you in bed for a week, there’s no need to consult a “sick-day bank” before deciding to stay home. We also know that hardworking people need time away from the computer screen to connect with friends and family, so the number of vacation days taken is left up to the employee.
Rockfish employees are inherently passionate about their work, which sometimes means putting in long hours. To make our offices places where people want to be, we foster a culture of camaraderie. At other companies, friendships are formed around the water cooler, but at Rockfish, friendships are made over fresh lattes at Silver Joe’s, a coffee brand born out of Rockfish Labs. Nothing bonds a team like sharing a cup of good coffee. We also have a committee called the “Culture Connection” in each office. This revolving group of employees helps keep the fun going at Rockfish. This might mean a rowdy game of Whirlyball, a chili cook-off, tailgating before game day, or an impromptu ice cream break to make a heat wave more tolerable. Ideas from the rest of the office are always invited; you just need to sell it to your coworkers.
Everyone at Rockfish loves to eat, and we make sure employees in each office get together once a week for a meal. Ideas seem to come naturally when people have full stomachs, so while this time is meant to be spent socializing with coworkers, our latest client solution might be hatched during taco Friday. Also, the fridge is generally stocked with snacks and drinks to keep energy levels up and stomachs from growling. Sometimes a change of scenery spurs brilliance, so it’s not unusual to see employees setting up shop away from their desks and spending part of the day working in a common area or even outside.
Additional perks include:
- Rockfish produces groundbreaking mobile apps, so it’s only right that we keep our employees outfitted with the best smartphones available. After six months of full-time employment, everyone is eligible for reimbursement on a smartphone of their choice, and then again after three years.
- Rockfish pays 50 percent of the premium for health and dental insurance for our employees and their families. We offer short-term disability and life insurance, as well as flexible spending accounts for our employees’ medical and child care expenses. Employees can also elect to enroll in a vision plan or supplemental policies, such as cancer or accident coverage, if interested. Rockfish offers a 401(k) plan complete with company match.
Agency life can be hectic, and showing proper appreciation and recognition of creativity can easily fall through the cracks. We wanted to solve that problem, too, so we came up with Rockfish Rewards, which later became You Earned It, to recognize incredible work by stellar coworkers. In typical Rockfish fashion, we take saying “good job” to the next level. At the beginning of each quarter, each employee is given a certain number of points they can award to anyone in the company. Points can be redeemed for rewards such as an iPad, a pair of Louboutin shoes or one year of paid cell phone bills. A Ducati is on the list for the really ambitious, or points can be converted to cash to make a charitable donation.